March 17, 2015
The Hurley Library has been a critical resource in our community for over 50 years. Can you help us achieve our vision to create a 21st Century library that will continue to enhance and enrich the lives of this community for decades?
We are hoping that the structural modifications of the new library can be completed by the end of summer. We need your help to make this happen.
- The bids for the renovations and additions were higher than we expected.
- At this time, we have enough money in our building fund to repurpose the building and add the community room but not the children’s room.
- We have raised close to $25,000.
- We still need $40,000 to add the children’s room.
- Adding the children’s room at another time will add significant costs to that part of the project.
- No donation is too small and be sure to ask your employer if matching donations are available.
- Please remember that all donations are tax deductible and can be sent to the address at the top of the page.
- Naming rights and public recognition for donations are available.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the Library Director or any member of the Board of Trustees if you would like to discuss donation options or if you know someone who we should contact.
We appreciate your financial donations and your continued support!
Tracey Pause, Library Director
|The Hurley Library Board of Trustees|
|Sue Dugan||Susan Mason||Robert Dido|
|Kelli Cooper||Susanna Elting||Eric Fiore|
|Arlene Ryan||Linda Katt||Heather Blakely|
The library has expanded services with a new digital collection website experience just for kids. The main MHLS Digital Download Collection now has a separate site to provide a safe and easy browsing experience for kids.
Libraries recognize the need to provide a safe environment for kids to browse library materials. Just as the children’s section of the physical library has its own place, the same experience is now available in the digital collection for kids eBooks and audiobooks. Browsing can be done by subject, reading level or interest level. Check out the Kid’s eReading Room.
TumbleBooks are electronic versions of kids’ favorite picture books with added animation, sound, music and narration.
Online access to help with finding a job, templates & tips for writing a resume & cover letter, interviewing tips, test preparation & more.
Looking for fun, interactive language lessons? Over 45 foreign languages (Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Irish & more) & 15 English as a Second Language (ESL) courses available.
Wondering if your car has a recall? Get the full Chilton Manual for any car through our website! With your library card you get anytime, anywhere access for every domestic and foreign automobile and light truck.